Grass Fed Meat: Why bother?
I know I always say this, but in Scotland we are blessed, we have a mild climate with plenty of rain, and so we can grow any food that we need. As organic farmers though, our major crop is grass. Growing grass is a mild obsession, as grass, or more precisely clover grasses, are the cornerstone of everything we do here. What's less well known, is quite how many environmental and health benefits grass growing can deliver.
Although its warm out there this week Autumn is definitely here. We have apples on the trees and our new season glut of lamb. Tender, sweet and mild tasting, the lambs have been out all summer on grass and have never known the hardship that winter brings. That winter changes their flavour. I love that change in taste, but I know not everyone does so if you fancy some milder tasting lamb September is the time. Go for it. http://hughgrierson.co.uk/organic-lamb
Christmas 2016: Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chickens, Turkey & Trimmings
- Call us 01738 730201 m: 07841 623608
- order online hughgrierson.co.uk/christmas-products
- Edinburgh Farmers Market every Saturday 9-2pm
- Perth Farmers Market 9-2pm SATURDAY 3rd and 17th December
- The Butchery at our FARM: Fri 23rd December 8-5pm
- Edinburgh Farmers Market SAT 24th Christmas EVE December 9-2PM
- Last overnight courier delivery Wednesday December 7thto arrive Thursday 8th
How do I order my organic food?
Animal Welfare: Why should we care?
Every day I walk into the farm and there’s a squad of piglets mooching about. We brought a sick sow in to keep an eye on her and she then had 8 piglets. They’re now 6 weeks old and they have started venturing out.
We Are Open Friday 25TH March 8-4pm to pick-up your order at the farm.
If you need a delivery by overnight courier please note orders will be sent out on WEDNESDAY 23rd to arrive THURSDAY 24th.
Last orders for courier delivery MONDAY 21st by MIDDAY