1. Who Are We
Hugh Grierson organic is a brand which is part of JAC Grierson Ltd , operating solely out of the farm office at Newmiln farm, Tibbermore, Perth, PH1 1QN.
We would not sell, rent or trade contact details or client information with other companies businesses or individuals for marketing purposes.
- Types of Data we collect
In order to provide to you the best possible service, JAC Grierson Ltd will need to collect contact information about you. We may collect and process the following data:
Information you give us. You may give JAC Grierson Ltd information about yourself by filling in enquiry or order forms, either at our office, on our Hugh Grierson organic butchery website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the website to place a meat order, participate in discussions, blogs, or other social media functions. The information you give JAC Grierson Ltd may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, disabilities and details about your personal health, financial and credit card information
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Hugh Grierson organic website we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and your operating system and platform.
Information we receive from other sources. JAC Grierson Ltd may receive information about you from other sources such as previous landlords, employers or anyone else providing information for referencing purposes. For holiday lettings purposes we may look at your Airbnb or Homeaway reviews from other holiday lettings operators you have contracted with on those sites.
(altogether the "Information")
- How we use the information we collect
JAC Grierson Ltd. use Information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and JAC Grierson Ltd , and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
- To contact you regarding any meat orders you have placed with Hugh Grierson organic farm butchery, and to deliver goods to you
- to notify you about changes to JAC Grierson Ltd services;
in the event that you raise an enquiry, complaint, suggestion or provide praise in relation to a us, your Information may be forwarded within the organisation or when investigating an incident, to provide a response and for general record keeping purposes.
Information we collect about you. We will use this Information;
- to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites and social media secure. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on, or to, our sites, we may use your Information to stop such behaviour;
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with Information you give to us and Information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we propose to use your Information for any other purposes we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for use of your Information for additional purposes which are not listed above.
- Where we store your data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Access to your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer:
JAC Grierson Ltd
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- Changes to the Privacy Notice
This policy was updated April 2018 and is reviewed on an annual basis